Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lets Get Ready

We are getting ready to go on our week away.  I love going away, but preparing is another story.  Laundry has to be done.  I hate keeping up with laundry.  And of course someone has to wear something that they will need so I always have to do a last minute load. 

The dog has to have all of his things together so that he can go to the kennel.  That means packing all of his food into individual bags, with his name on them.  Getting his pills ready and anything else I want to bring for him.

Don't forget to clean up the house before you leave.  Nothing worse than coming home to a messy house.  So I make sure that everything is cleaned up.  The trick is to do this with kids playing and messing while cleaning.

Litter boxes need to be cleaned.  I hate cleaning those out, they smell so bad.  But they need a good cleaning before leaving.  I try to make sure that is as last minute as possible.

Then packing.  Making sure that you have enough cloths for the boys, expecially Ty because he is potty training and still has accidents now and again.  Making sure that any "special" toys and blankets are ready and easily found.  Don't forget my sleep apnea machine and other things like that.  And of the most important thing - The lap top and camera, LOL.

Now time to clean out the car.  Yes clean out the car.  I try to keep it clean.  Before I had kids my car was spotless, now a completely different story.  We have to take all of the junk out of the car to fill the car up with everything we need to bring with us.

We need to make sure that the potty seat is easily accessable for Ty just in case he has to go as we are traveling.  Hopefully not, but better safe than sorry.

So now that I have written about what I need to do, time to do it... 

No comments: