Friday, July 18, 2008

Speeding Time



Wow a year goes by so quickly.  I remember being a child and thinking how long the summer was.  That waiting for a special day seemed to take forever.  Waiting for my birthday was an eternity.  I never thought that a year would pass.  

Then came highschool.  The days started to go by faster.  Events would come just a little faster.  But waiting for swim meets or to turn 16 so that I could drive still took forever.  Being excited about going out with friends seemed to take forever.  Christmas and summer vacations seemed to fly by at the time but looking back they were not that fast.  

Then came college.  The days started to get shorter.  Having time to fit everything in became a little more difficult, but somehow everything would fit in.  The days went at a good pace.  Time for everything was there.  

Here came my 20's and some how the same 24 hours I had in my teens or when I was a child seemed to speed up.  It was almost like time changed.  It is amazing how things start to speed up.  Then I got married and had added some bigger responsibility in my life, and again time started to speed up.  Two years later our first son was born, and again time speeded up.  Two years later our youngest son was born, and the same thing happened again.  

Now I am 30.  My baby is 1.  The past year has gone by in a flash.  I don't know what happened.  How does time magically speed up?  What happened?  Time is amazing.  

When I stop to think about it, the more responsibility I have the faster time goes.  The more that I have to do in a day the faster time goes.  The more that I have to do the less time I have to do it in.  

Now the secret is to find out how to make time slow down!

No comments: