Sunday, July 13, 2008

MOMS Club Meeting

I have been a member of MOMS Club of Parma for the past 2 years.  I love being a MOMS Club Member.  What a wonderful support group.  As of reciently our chapter has been going through a tough time.  Actually most of the chapter left.  I was very upset at first.  I did not want to see it disband so I took over the president's position.  I think that this is the best thing I could have done. 

Right now we only have 4 members, but we have people looking into our chapter so we are a work in progress.  I struggled at the first meeting. I wanted to run things like they were run in the past, but I realzed that it did not work well, so things have to change.  So that is what I am doing.  I am working on changing that.  I guess the best way to put it is that I am working on changing myself.  It will be a good change I truely believe that.  I know that by trying and keep trying I will be able get the chapter back into the glory that it once had.  

It is hard  because I was friends with most of the people that left, but I guess this is for the best.  I finally feel that I can be myself, I don't have to put up a front to get people to like me.  I know now that I will not make any friends by being a monkey, but I will make them by being myself.  

So anyways, the meeting went well, and I feel we are off to a good start.  I am now working on planning out August and getting people to help me to join the board and grow our chapter.  I know I can do it!!

No comments: