Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Mother's Gift

I often wonder how a mother can stay well while her children are sick.  Both of my kids got sick.  Nate was running a 102.5 fever.  He still has the cold symptoms.  His poor little nose is bright red.  I have to keep cleaning it out and doing sailene drops to help keep him clear.  Tyler has been coughing and just acting more clingie - which he does when he is not feeling well.  Brian is not feeling well, he sounds terrible and you can see in his eyes he is just not feeling well.

I have to take care of my children, and take care of the house, and get everything ready for vacation.  I am amazed with staying up as late at night as I have been, that I have not come down with anything *Knocking on wood*

It just amazes me that mothers will stay well to take care of there families.  How does our bodys know that we need to be healthy during this time?  What makes us different?

My thoughts on this are simple - God made us that way.  He made us have the ability to fight off the germs that our children have so that we can take care of them and still get everything done that we need to do.  He did this because we need to be strong.

So Thank you God for letting me take care of my sick family and keeping me healthy!!

No comments: