Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Computer - Part 2 Lost with out it

I have a lap top and I absolutley love it.  It is a great investment.  I love the fact that when we go places it can go with me.  I just don't know what I would do with out it.  Expecially with all of the places that now offer free wifi.  Places like coffee shops, McDonalds, malls, airports, hotels, ect... almost everywhere I go I find a business that offeres it.  It is amazing that everywhere you go you can find free internet access.  The laptop allows you to do so much. 

Yesterday I was with out my laptop.  We had to wipe it clean and start over again because of a problem with Outlook.  I like usin outlook and have not found another e-mail client that I liked for what I need it to do.  So I was with out my laptop all day. 

It was nice to be able to spend the time with my boys.  We do have a desk top so I was able to do somethings, but nothing like what I do with my Laptop.  I have it back again, and now the tedious job of re-install everything, putting everything back.  We did a back up of everything, but you still have to set up the little things, so that it is how you like it.

So one day with out my computer made me feel lost.  I felt like I had lost a limb.  I never realized how dependent on the computer I really am until it was gone.  I could not talk to my friends on plurk or twitter.  I felt like I was missing something.

But on the other hand I got to spend the days with my boys.  I did not have to check my e-mail, or tell the wait mommy has something to do.  It was nice to be able to play with my children.

But I feel better that I am back to feeling normal.  I have my computer back.  I can get things done again.  I am glad to have everything back.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

My parents have a permanent campsite but it is without Internet. Whenever we are there I feel so lost without my PC. I'm grateful for my mobile web though!!!