Sunday, June 29, 2008

Shopping


The other day I was at the store and getting ready to check out. I decided because I did not have much in my cart that I would go to self check out. I hate the self check out because people can't handle using them, or they have too much. I just don't have the patience for people to sit there trying to check out for 30 min for 3 items. But I decided to try it.

The lady in front of me forgot something, and decided that she just had to go back to get it. All of the lines in the store were long, and there was a line behind me. I was next. She had a little girl in the cart with her. Instead of finishing up she left the line, not allowing anyone to go in front of her because she was in the middle of checking out. She start to walk away leaving her child in the cart.... Her daughter was probably only 3. Just was going to leave her by herself...... Then she stopped, looked at her daughter and sat there a while and though if she should go back and get her. I was amazed. After a minute of thinking she finally decided that she should take the little girl with her and when back to get what she was missing. She was gone a couple of minutes shopping again. I could not believe it.

I know that some days you just have to get things done. But I am amazed that people don't think. I am amazed that people can be so inconsiderate of others. I was in a rush, and I was amazed that she did it.

I am thankful that I would never have to think about leaving my children, that would never even cross my mind. I would never have to make that kind of decision, my children would go with me. I feel blessed because of the conscience I have. I feel blessed that I have the ability to think and know right from wrong. I pray for patience for people who still need to learn it.

No comments: