Saturday, June 21, 2008

Giving Time to Others

Taking time out of your busy day is hard to do . It is not easily given to others. We all have so much to battle each and every day. For instance being a stay at home mother, I have to take care of my children, play with them, clean the house, do the laundry, take care of the pets, make sure that every one is fed, teach my children, do the shopping, take them to the doctor, and so many other things. Most of these I have to do on a daily basis. I feel that my day is constantly going, I hardly have time for myself, and now I have to give to others. Why?

What a great question. Why would we want to give our time to others? Well because it is the right thing to do, first of all. It is also fills a space in our hearts, that we are doing something good for others. What a great lesson to teach our children, that everyone is important. If we need help we would want to have others help us, right?

We have extra time that we can give, if we just take the time to find it. Can we step away from the computer for a while and give that time to others? Can we step away from the television? Can we find the time in our heart to give... yes, we just have to have the want to do it. With the will we always find a way. A great example of this is when we want to exercise. If we really want to do this we find it in our hearts, the time to set aside for it. Same with volunteering, find the will in our heart and we will find the time in our day.

No comments: