Saturday, June 21, 2008

Children are such a Blessing

Today I was finishing fixing breakfast for my son and I and getting ready to sit down. The morning has been very hectic. The baby godzilla (my youngest son) tried to take his brother's cup and in the process got a bloody nose. Then he fell and scraped his hand. And to boot he did not sleep well last night because of the fact that he is teething, and super crabby. He has had a bad morning. King Kong (my oldest son) is in the why stage and is driving me crazy most of the day.

Well breakfast was finally done so I sat down and was looking forward to eating my breakfast. I have been teaching King Kong to pray before meals. He does it sometimes, but mostly will just sit there quietly. Today he looked at me and said mommy, we forgot to pray. How humbling. I can't believe that he took the tradition that I have been working so hard to get as apart of meals for the family and is taking it in his heart. I feel so blessed that he would think that is important to remind me.

As much as this morning has been crazy, it has been a great morning. I am so blessed to have two very active children, but childre that love me and that love being kids. I pray each day that they will grow up to be good people. Things like that make me think, that it is a possibility, that they will be great people.

No comments: