Thursday, June 26, 2008

Finding a Balance


I realized a lot today. I love the computer and I love technology. I have let it start to take over my life. I have a love of learning, and learning new things is one of the biggest benefits of the internet. I have a need to make friends. How quickly we can make friends by being on the internet? I listen to podcasts, and after hearing the podcasters for weeks you start to think about them as people you find in your every day life. While they are, for me it is a part of reality, a reality. Everything I have found on the internet has enhanced my life in so many ways.

I am starting my own podcast... Why because I want to. I want to pass along and touch others lives in the same ways that the podcasters that I listen to have touched mine. I want to blog, again to share my thoughts and feelings with everyone. I love social media, talking to everyone on plurk and on twitter... but hey.... I am forgetting someone.....

Yep I have noticed something. I am forgetting someone, or a few someones.... My family. I have let myself go. I spend all of my free time on the computer. I wait for e-mails to come in. I am addicted to the internet, to my email and to my social networking friends. I am leaving my family behind me. I am not taking care of them like I should. My house is a mess, my children are acting out because they miss me. My husband keeps making comments about the fact I am on the computer all the time.

What a blessing, I can start to work to step away, to find a balance. To make my first priority be my family, and my job as a mom, and have the rest just be icing on the cake. I can start to learn balance. It is something that is just an amazing ability we have a people.

1 comment:

S Miller said...

I can defintely identify with you. I've been fighting the battle of balance for years, until I started turning my days over to the Lord. All is not perfect, but he does have a way of saving us time or giving us more time.

Sandra, from Balancing Blessings Blog Spot