Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snow

So far today, I have been taking it one day at a time.  It is so cold and snowy outside, it is crazy.  I think that the snow is pretty for a day or two, then I am ready to have it go away.  I know that it happens every year, but getting everyone sick is just rediculous.  I am so sick of taking care of sick people.  I just want to move somewhere warmer.

With that being said, I know that it does not mean that it is going to stop being so cold if we move anywhere, it is just something that I look at and think it could be possible, right?  I know that snow is a good thing, and that there is a reason for everything.  I just look at just how cold it is.  How much snow we have.  How I have to keep my children locked up in the house, because of the wind chill.  It is not a good situation.

I am also praying for all of the little kids in my neighborhood, and all over that have to walk to school in this weather.  There are not school buses because of the lack of money in the system.  Therefore, they have to walk because most parents can't take them- for what ever reason- maybe because they have to work.  It is so cold, that letting my dog out, I freeze.  I can not imagine being a child and having to walk to school in this weather.

I have alot of elderly neighbors who do not shovel the sidewalk, so they either have to walk trough the snow which is about waste deep for a child, or they have to walk in the street which is not safe with the traffic, and the fact that the roads are not completely cleared so they have people slipping and sliding everywhere.

I know that some of the elderly in the neighborhood have had getting out to shovel.  It is very high, and heavy, if they go out to shovel, which about half of them will...  They are putting their lives at risk.

Snow is beautiful and so dangerous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the way with so many things. Lovely when we are just looking, but deadly when we try to alter them.