Friday, January 2, 2009

Good By Christmas Things

I love Christmas time, however, I can only take so much of my house being out of sorts.  Toys everywhere, which I  am so grateful that my children are fortunate for receiving, however, now I have the task of finding everything a home.

Tonight I took everything down.  I still have to put all of my pictures up and my things back up, but I have my little trinkets out, but other than that I have everything back to the way that I want it.

Christmas is such a wonderful time of the year, however, I have found that it has lost some of its meaning for me lately.  I feel that I am constantly having to run here or there, and the pressure of making sure that everyone is happy is becoming more and more difficult.  I want to love the holiday, to see what a wonderful time of year it is again, instead of stress, craziness and crabbiness.

To help put the focus back on the wonderful gift of giving I am setting a goal for myself of going through all of the toys that the boys no longer play with and put them together and give them away.  I want the boys to come with me and see what it feels like to help other people.

No comments: