Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Saying goodbye

One of my friend's Aunt passed away today.  Last week she passed out at work.  They found she had an aneyrsm in her brain.  They knew they had to do surgery to try to stop the bleeding.  But in surgery they could not fix the problem.  Now they had to clamp off the artery.  She went into a coma and never woke up.  She died while donating her organs so that others could live.

I remember when I was growing up over the summer going with my friend to stay at her house for a week.  I had so much fun there.  We went swimming.  We took a walk to get ice cream.  She welcomed me into her house.  What a generous person.  She treated me like I was her child. 

She is going to be missed. 

This brough up alot of different feelings in my life.  My grandmother passed away when I was 5 of the same thing.  She had a Brain Aneyrsm.  I don't remember much of her.  I also have been told stories of my aunt who died at the age of 17 of the same thing.  My father was the one who carried her down out of her bed so that the ambliance could take her to the hospital. 

How do you say goodbye?  God gives us so many different blessings, one is to touch the lifes of others.  One is to be touched.  My life is better because they have touched me.

No comments: