Saturday, August 16, 2008

One door closes, another will open...

I have been struggling alot lately.  With what I am doing and why.  I have found that something has been missing in my life.  I had no clue what.  I have a beautiful family:
 
Two wonderful kids that make me so proud.  My husband had to take on a lot so that I could stay at home and raise our wonderful boys.  But I still felt that I was missing something in my life.
I joined a moms club thinking that would help, and it did for a while, and then I found myself being run over by others.  I would do anything for anyone.  I wanted to make other people happy and have them like me.  But I found out something very interesting...  It did not matter, two short years later, they are no longer part of my life.  I found myself back at square one.
Everything happens for a reason.  The experience I had with the moms club I learned that I am much stronger that I ever imagined.  I learned that people won't like you for giving in, that they will respect you for being yourself.  What an important lesson to learn.
I felt that all the doors around me were closed and there were no windows.  So I started to pray.  I prayed a novena.  I prayed every day.  I for the first time in my life, not only made time for God, and not just a little time, but in many cases I found a way to thank him for every little things I did, from doing laundry to eating a healthy meal.  Putting God first started to change my life.  It improved my life.  It made a difference in my life.
Now I am happier than I have ever been, or could ever be.  I found a new group that I am excited to join.  I can start over again with a clean slate.  The difference this time... I will be myself.  I will have fun.  I will get to know everyone.  I found a job.  A job that I love.  I am still able to stay at home and raise my children,  but now I can make some money.
I could not ask for anything more.  I am happier in my life now than I have ever been.  I know that by finally realizing that I need to put God first in all that I do that I will make a difference in my life.  A difference that is just going to help me grow.  I know that some days are going to be rough, but I also know that I can over come it and I will make a difference

1 comment:

Sandra M said...

It's amazing what God can do in us and for us when He gets us alone. Although my alone times were very painful, when the God brought me out, I can honestly say it brought forth more wisdom and understanding. Just a couple years ago, I went through a period of time when all my friends were to busy to fellowship or to even call to say hello. Then I realized, God wanted to move some people out of my life. He didn't replace them, but he redirected my focus. He helped to channel my energy into being the best wife I could be, the best mother I could be, and the best example I could be to other Christian women. It still gets lonely sometimes, but when it does, I just stop and count my blessings.

S. Miller