Thursday, July 9, 2009

Morning Changes With Jury Duty

Being a mother is not easy.  But being a stay at home mother I find being very difficult.  I have been blessed to be selected for Jury duty, and it has been a very different for me in the morning. 

My normal routine is nice.  I get up at 5:15am.  I get ready and go run at the gym, or do some sort of work out.  Then I come home and stretch and take on my morning with my children.  I take a shower after breakfast and then go play with my children.  Some where in the day I find the time to not only play with my children, but plan and fix dinner, clean the house do the laundry and go to the store when neccessary. 

I was then thrown a wrentch into my plan with having to get up early and do a completely different routine.  I did not want to give up my morning workouts, they are the biggest and best part of my day.  I start out with my work out, but get home and squeeze in some housework.  Then battle getting into a shower and getting my kids out of bed.

Getting ready for Jury duty is much like having to get out of the house if you are a working mother I have found.  It is not easy.  I can tell that mornings can be stressful.  I am so grateful that I am organized and made sure that I had everything I needed done before I went to bed.  I did not have to run around and find clothes or pack a lunch.

I love having some time to myself to get some things done.  It is nice to have the quiet that I am not used to, however it is boring to not have my children around.  I miss playing with them and going outside.  I take walks with my mother a couple of days a week, which are a wonderful way to connect with her and I have not been able to do that either.

I am also very surprised how tiring it is just sitting around all day.  I get home and I just don't want to do anything.  I was more tired my first day of sitting around than the days I get up work out, take my kids to the zoo and do things.

To me it is just amazing just how tired I am from just sitting around.  I miss my mornings of sitting and cuddling with my children.  I know that it is important to do what I am doing, and I pray that I will also get to experience the court room and a trial.

No comments: