Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Being thankful for the little things

This past weekend My DH and DS1 went out of town to visit my MIL and FIL, so I had the house to myself with DS2.  It was a wonderful weekend to spend one on one time with him.  Having the time or the ability to spend one on one time with DS2 is often difficult because he is quiet and like to play by himself where DS1 is always up in my face and talking to me and getting my attention.

It was so nice to concentrate on one child and remember what it was like.  Looking back I used to think that it was difficult to do anything with one child.  Now I see that I was wrong.  With only one child I was easily able to clean my house, and do my laundry.  The entire weekend, other than the toys he was playing with my house was clean.

I am so happy that DH and DS1 are home, but I have to admit that they came home and I feel I am back at square one with cleaning and getting my house back in shape.  It is a hard feeling, because I have some cleaning I do on a daily basis but I just have the added stress of unpacking and organizing everything that they had taken with them.

At first I was put off by this thought that I am going to have to start over.  But then I realize that it is not going to be bad.  The key is first to getting organized and second to know that everything will be ok.  These little things that seem to get me down, are part of my job.  These little things are important because they are helping my family.  I am going to start changing the way I am thinking. 

My goal is when live gets me down, and when I feel that I am overwhelmed by the little tasks that I need to do on a daily basis, to stop and pray.  First to be thankful that I have these little tasks to do.  Second pray that through these tasks my eyes will be open to all of the things that God has in store for me.

It is important to remember that God has little tasks for you to do everyday.  Some of these tasks can be frustrating, but knowing that they are important is a good thing.  Some of the tasks can be tasks that you don't like, but taking the time to thank God for the ability to do these things will make them so much easier.

No comments: