Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Stressful Days

I look around me and I feel just so blessed.  I have a roof over my head.  Food to cook with.  A wonderful family.  A dog and cat.  I am blessed to be able to go the gym and go work out.  What more can I ask for?

I look around and see beauty everywhere and it is so wonderful.  Then out of no where comes the stress. 

I love my children, but I know when they are tried and those are the days when I know it is time for naps.  Those are the days that my children refuse to take naps, and there it starts.  The crying, the whining, the days that I want to either start drinking or just get my running shoes on.

Listening to my 4 year old say over and over my mommy does not like me because I let him know that something he wants has been taken away because of his refusal to take a nap, makes me want to cry, but I also know that I have to stay strong! 

These are the days I know that I need to call upon the Lord and ask for his help.  The days that I fall to my knees to start saying a Hail Mary and pray that she can help me as only a mother can.  I love my children more than life itself.  I also know that I need to have patience with them, especially during the days that are difficult.

 
I look at the sky and the beauty that I have found around me and use that to reach out to, knowing that I need as much help as I possibly can get so that I find the patience that is inside of me so I can be the best mother possible.

No comments: