Monday, September 22, 2008

Start Of A New Year

I am very excited to be starting my thrid year as an eight grade Catechist.  I have a lot of exciting ideas for this year.  For me, eight grade is a challenging year.  I love working with this age group.  My problem is the feeling, all too often that they just don't car.  The feeling that no matter what I am saying that no one is listening.

I am starting this year off differently than I have ever before.  I am going to start by preparing weekly.  Taking what the students like to do an build on that.  I am searching for good christian music that I can introduct to my class.  I want music that will touch there lives, and that they are going to enjoy to listen to.

Each Wednesday, sometime during the day I am going to take time to me to say the Rosary.  Time to pray that my heart be open to hear the students, and that there hearts be open and allowing the Holy Spirit to enter into there hearts.

I am blessed to be working with 19 young men and women.  I know that I have a bunch of challenges ahead of me, but I know that I am up for the challenge.  This year I am going learn from my students.  I am going to learn to have the Holy Spirit be apart of my lesson plans and apart of my class room.

I am in the final stages of preparation.  I am ready for a wonderful and blessed year.

1 comment:

Life Is Beautiful said...

Hiya
All the best in your catechesis. I have a cert in catechesis and am currently doing a theology degree. It's wonderful to be learning so much about the faith. God bless you and all your young charges. You are planting seeds for the future! :)