Thursday, September 11, 2008

Always Remember

7 years ago, I was sitting in my office and working.  I remember hearing someone say that a plane it the World Trade Center.  I also remember not thinking much about it.  Then I started seeing more and more people walk past my office going to the conference room.


I decided to follow.  That is when I realized the impact that this event would have on my life and everyone's life around me.  I got in the conference room just in time to watch the second plane hit the second tower.  We all sat there in awe.  Wondering what happened and why it was happened.  I was in shock, not knowing what to think or do.  I went to my parents house to eat lunch thinking that it was the end of the world.


I was scared, not sure what to think about.  I remember watching television and watching the death count rise.  Hearing  about the heroes that had lost their lives, just doing their jobs.  I started thinking of all of the children who had lost one or both of their parents.


As a result, much has changed in seven years.  I am now married with two children.  I have been very lucky to not have been effected by this tragic event, because I did not lose a loved one.  I have been effected by how I live my life, and the feeling of being scared every time a plane fly over my house.


We are at war, many men and women losing their lives for our freedom.  However, seven years later I am wondering if we have lost the reasoning why we are there.  If we are just fighting, to fight.  So many Americans have lost the will to fight this war.


We need to protect ourselves, but why not protect ourselves on our boarders?  With the Presidential election coming up, we have a big decision to make.  Who do we want to lead our country?  Who is going to make changes in how we live?


I know that when I cast my vote, I am going to make sure to keep one thing in mind - the events of 7 years ago, and now we can make a change.

No comments: